Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoos

The Maybelline Colour Tattoos have received quite a bit of hype from the blogger community, and are often labelled as cheaper versions of MAC paint pots. I haven't gotten on well with cream shadows in the past, so I haven't gone out of my way to try the colour tattoos until I saw them on sale for $7 and thought it might be worth giving them a go! I mostly go for neutral eye shadow shades, so I ended up going for Tough as Taupe and Barely Branded.

Tough as Taupe
Tough as Taupe is part of the original line up of colour tattoos. It is a matte taupe with grey/ slightly purple undertones. This is super pigmented, so much so that it is almost opaque. It feels quite thick on application and it drys quickly, so you need to be quite quick when blending. However, it well and truly sets right in place - I found it lasted all day for me without a primer and it was still hard to budge when removing my makeup! Makes for a great base for a dramatic smokey eye, or looks great on its own if you're in a rush.


Barely Branded
Barely Branded is part of the colour tattoo metal range. It is a neutral beige colour with a metallic, frosted shine. This shade is very versatile; I found it worked really well a general base colour. However, it was nowhere near as pigmented as Tough as Taupe. A little more easy to blend, it tended to crease as the day went on and it longevity wasn't as impressive. Although, I found using a bit of MAC Brule over the top helped it last longer.


Left: Barely Branded, Right: Tough as Taupe

Left: Tough as Taupe, Right: Barely Branded
Overall, the colour tattoos are quite versatile working as both bases and a quick wash of colour if you're on the go. They are fairly blendable and layer really well with other shadows, though they do dry quite quickly. Generally they are fairly long lasting, though people with oiler lids may need to use a primer to see it through the day - especially Barely Branded.

Do they live up to the hype? Yes!

What do you think about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos?

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin | 

2 comments:

  1. These are in my top 5 favourite makeup products. I just love them! The shades you have are beautiful :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the original line to be a bit annoying in the fact that they dry out really quickly, even when I don't keep them open for very long! In saying that though, I've found that warming them up in my hands first make them a tad better... I usually just use them as bases (pretty sure most people do though haha) I really love Barely Branded though! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...