Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Disappointing Products Pt. 2


Last week, I did a post with products that I found disappointing or didn't live up to hype. I had quite a few products, so I decided to split it into two posts. You can read part 1 here!
By no means am I saying these products are bad, I just felt they simply didn't work for me. That isn't to say that these products won't work for you! 

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Foundation

I think I let myself down with this purchase as I didn't really do much research on the foundation beforehand, which is something I always do when buying staple products like foundation. To be honest I didn't really like much about this foundation - it was difficult to apply because it dried super quick, then became weirdly sticky, and I found it didn't last all that well even with a primer. The lavender in the formulation irritated my skin and the scent was quite overpowering. I did find the shade selection to be fairly extensive though which is always a good thing.

Biotherm Aquasource Moisturiser

I bought this back when I had combination skin hoping it would reduce shine, yet moisturise in the right areas. I found that it didn't do a whole lot for me. My skin didn't absorb the gel very well, so my face was quite sticky for a while after application. It also contains alcohol  - irritant for sensitive skin - and it smells of it too!

Bio-Oil

I tried this out as a scar treatment on my body over about 3 months and saw very minimal differences if any. The mineral oil in it put me off using it on my face because I could tell my sensitive wouldn't enjoy it. The fragrance is very overpowering, and it is very expensive! However, I did have an ingrown hair on my leg and I used a bit of Bio Oil on it, and it seemed to clear up quite quickly. 

Have you used these products? What do you think?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin | 


5 comments:

  1. Its such a shame you didn't get on with the Bobbi Brown foundation, I really like it - but Lord and Berry have a foundation that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome that it works for you! I was quite disappointed, normally I love BB stuff :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, Bio Oil. I really don't like you either. It did absolutely nothing for my scarring. I had the same problem with the Bobbi Brown foundation too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes it!

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddi Dolcebeautyx16 October 2013 11:15

      We are not alone! The fragrance of Bio Oil will haunt me forever!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the Bio Oil! It didnt do anything for me so I stopped. I know people swear by it but after using it for many weeks I just gave up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...