Thursday, 28 February 2013

Review: Covergirl Clump Crusher


Here's my first product review from my haul - Covergirl's newest mascara, the Clump Crusher! I was lucky enough to find this for $10AUD at Target. (Regular price $17.95AUD) Previously, I wasn't a huge fan of Covergirl mascaras because they always seemed to smudge throughout the day. However, this mascara did not! This mascara gives good separation, and a fair amount of volume - I do prefer mascaras that provide a bit more volume and exaggeration - but this gave a nice amount for a more daytime look. I already have super long lashes so it's hard for me to tell whether it gives any length. Most importantly, the mascara didn't clump even when applying a second coating. In terms of longevity, it lasted the day without flaking or smudging, and was easily removed with a gentle eye makeup remover.


Two coats of Clump Crusher



I did have a few reservations about the product, one being that the brush was a bit too spiky. I prefer soft brush applicators to the hard plastic ones. The other is the shape of the brush. I didn't really know which way to use it, it seemed to give the same effect no matter which side I used, so I didn't really get that.

Overall, this is a great mascara! Personally, I'd be more inclined to use it for daytime wear, as I prefer a much more dramatic eye for the evening.

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?



Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin


2 comments:

  1. I bought this as I was curious to see if it did what it said and it's now my favourite mascara. Love it. No clumps and after a few coats my lashes look long. This is my go to day time mascara. For nights when I want a more dramatic look I reach for my ModelCo Fibrelash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for day time! I must try the ModelCo then

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted.

Maddi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...