Saturday, 23 February 2013

Favourite foundations



Everyone knows that a good foundation is a MUST in every makeup bag! I like to have several different foundations for different occasions (all liquid!), so I have built up a pretty sizeable collection of foundations with different finishes and amount of coverage. Here's a list of my all-time favourite foundations including both drugstore and higher end.




1. Revlon ColourStay (Combination/Oily)



Coverage: Medium - Full
Finish: Semi-matte - matte
Packaging: Glass Bottle - no pump (a MAC pump doesn't fit)
Price: $34.95 (Priceline)
SPF: 6

This is my everyday foundation. I have this in the combination/oily skin formula in the colour 110 ivory. It's quite a runny foundation which can be trouble considering there's no pump, but it means that it applies really well. I usually apply with a real techniques buffing brush that gives a great flawless finish. Being a medium - full coverage, it covers any redness/acne/scars pretty well. Lasts all day when used with a primer and set with powder (not sure about 24hrs though!).




2. Estee Lauder Double Wear




Coverage: Medium - Full

Finish: Semi-matte
Packaging: Glass bottle, no pump.
Price: $50AUD (Myer, David Jones)
SPF: 10

I have this in the shade 1C1 Cool Bone which is the lightest shade, however it is slightly too dark for me, and I find it does oxidise slightly. That being said, this is a great foundation! It has great coverage, and keeps my oily/combo skin in check. I do need to touch up around the nose during the day though.



3. NARS Sheer Glow




Coverage: Medium - Full, buildable.

Finish: Dewy
Packaging: Glass bottle - no pump! You can buy a pump separately $4AUD.
Price: $68AUD (Mecca Cosmetica)
SPF: none

I like to wear this foundation whenever I know I'm going to be in photos because it doesn't flashback. This is slightly different to my everyday foundations because it has a slightly dewier finish. I have to be quite careful when I wear this because I have oily/combo skin so I have to make sure I prime and set with powder, and requires some maintenance through the day just to make sure I don't get too shiny. I also have to mix colours to get the right shade - Siberia and Mont Blanc. Great foundation - looks great and covers well.



4. Covergirl Natureluxe Liquid Silk






Coverage: Light. Buildable
Finish: Natural
Packaging: Tube
Price: $18.95AUD (Priceline)
SPF: 10

I wear this foundation when I want something with a much lighter coverage. This foundation is brilliant, it feels like you're not wearing anything at all. It also smells really fresh, and leaves my skin feeling quite soft. Being a lighter coverage, it doesn't really covers redness/spots that well, but it is buildable, and with a good concealer it can look really flawless. I have this in 310 flax which is a bit dark, but works OK if I blend onto the neck. I can't seem to find 305 alabaster anywhere in Aus (help?)



I'd recommend all these foundations without hesitation! Keep in mind that I have oily/combination skin, so I can't really comment on how these would work on a normal or dry skin type. 

I'd love to hear what your favourite foundation is! Let me know in the comments!

xx




Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Great review. I do like my foundation to have a decent SPF. The Revlon Photoready has an SPF of 15.
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photoready is in next batch of foundations to try!

      Delete
  2. AAAAHHH, thank you so very much! I needed someone to tell me which foundation is worth buying, cuz I don't use them that much and lost when it comes to purchasing one! I'll start with Covergirl, since it's the cheapest;-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Covergirl is a great choice - nice and light for everyday wear!

      Delete
  3. I suggest looking on eBay for the Nature Luxe. I purchase drugstore items from there all the time as they are cheaper.

    For the Double Wear you could look at their older shade line, they may have had lighter shades available. It was only change a few months ago.

    My favourite foundation at the moment is Laura Mercier's Silk Creme. Amazing coverage. I do like mixing in a little of a matte/satin foundation to take the dewiness down slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Revlon ColorStay! It's one of my go-to foundations!

    Great post!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great picks, although i cant say ive tried any of them XD does the revlon foundation have that generic chemical revlon scent to them? I have the age defying foundation and I feel as though the scent just stays on the whole day on me :(
    Ive been eyeing the estee lauder foundation and the laura mercier one personally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a few people complain about the scent, but I don't really notice it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted.

Maddi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...